[DiGRA UK] Chinese DiGRA scholar in UK

Felania felania.lavendor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:38:46 UTC 2017

Greetings, colleagues from UK!

I am Felania Liu, former vice president from Chinese DiGRA who hosted the
1st international game studies conference in mainland at Tsinghua
University in 2015, and also started the first graduate level course on
game studies and gamification practices in Beijing Normal University since
2015. I am now an exchange scholar at Durham University and will spend the
next six month in UK working on game as a form of history.

I am very looking forward to getting to know the local chapter of DiGRA in
UK and see what you are up to, and to see if there's any potential for
collaboration between UK and Chinese DiGRA in the near future. I'll be
based in Durham for most of the time, but will be in London for a month or
so since Feburary. I'd be happy to drop by for an afternoon tea and talking
about game researches if any of you happen to be not far from
Durham/London. Also, if there's any conference/event coming in the next 6
months(does not have to be about games and history, any game studies topics
are fine), I'd also be happy to sit in the sessions.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

With Best Regards,

Felania (Mengfei) Liu
History Department