[Dutch-chapter] Game Jam in Genk

Bob De Schutter bob.deschutter at gameonderzoek.be
Tue Apr 26 11:45:40 UTC 2011

== 48hrs C-MINE GAME JAM ==
>From Friday, May 6th, 17h00 until Sunday, May 8th, 17h00
At C-Mine in Genk, Belgium
http://www.gamejam.be/

The goal of a game jam is to get together and make a video game, or
non-digital game like board game or card game. Participants rapidly
prototype game designs and hopefully inject new ideas to help grow the game
industry. We share a common theme and constraints. We ask participants to
create a game from beginning to end in a prescribed time (48 hours). The
brief time span is meant to help encourage creative thinking to result in
small but innovative and experimental games.

== SCHEDULE ==
Day 1 – Arrival
* Registration
* Talks
* Group forming

14.00-19.00: Check in
14.00-15.00: Tech/Art Talks
15.00-16.00: Tech/Art Talks
17.00-18.00: Announcements Ð Keynote
18.00-?: Group Forming
Social Get to Know Each Other Exercises
Pitches
Group Forming

Day 2 – Work
09.00-10.00: Breakfast
11:00 Deadline to create user profile and game page
13.00-14.00: Lunch
19.00-20.00: Dinner

Day 3- Work
09.00-10.00: Breakfast
13.00-14.00: Lunch
15.00-16.30: Deadline for handing in the games is 15.00
16.30-19.00: Presentations – Each team has 10 minutes to do a short show-off
== PRIZES ==
Participate for a chance to win a free UNITY3D android or iPhone indy
license.

== CALL FOR SPEAKERS ==
The organization is still looking for industry experts who can give a short
presentation or motivational speech at the event.