[DiGRA UK] PhD in eco-gamification

Heidi heidi.burdett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:34:49 UTC 2020

Dear all,

We are currently accepting applications for the PhD "Gamification of
plastic action in coastal Vietnam". This exciting multi-disciplinary
project aims to design game-based solutions to plastic waste issues in
coastal Vietnam, incorporating social and ecological sciences, game design
and public engagement. The PhD candidate would be associated with a
recently funded £multi-million consortium led by the Lyell Centre,
Heriot-Watt University, which seeks to more broadly investigate coastal
plastic pollution and its impact on aquaculture and fisheries, tourism and
other local businesses in Vietnam, as well as impacts on human health and
wellbeing. This project targets community engagement and would ideally suit
someone with a game design background and a passion for raising
eco-awareness.

More information on the PhD can be found here:
https://heidiburdett.wordpress.com/2020/11/15/phd-gamification-of-plastic-action-in-coastal-vietnam/

I would be very grateful if you could share this opportunity around your
networks and encourage anyone interested in applying to get in contact
directly with me.

Best regards,

Heidi Burdett

--

Dr Heidi Burdett

Assistant Professor

Lyell Centre, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh