[DiGRA UK] Academic positions in Computer Games (Heriot-Watt University)

Padilla, Stefano S.Padilla at hw.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 15:34:40 UTC 2018

Heriot-Watt University (HWU) in Edinburgh, UK welcomes applications for two academic positions in Computer Games and Interaction:

- Assistant/Associate Professor in Games & Interactive Technologies (IRC16342)

- Assistant/Associate Professor in Computer Games (IRC16343)

The posts will be located at our Edinburgh campus which is part of a vibrant game development community and home to various industrial game studios. The  posts will be part of our School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences which is internationally renowned in the areas of Interaction, Intelligent Systems, and Rigorous Systems. Details of our research activities can be found online (http://bit.ly/MACS-CS), Edinburgh creative culture (http://bit.ly/Edi-Creative), and our Discovery and Innovation Centre statement and mission (http://bit.ly/HW-DI).

Assistant/Associate Professor in Games & Interactive Technologies (IRC16342) ============================================================================

The successful candidate will ideally have expertise in one or more of interactive graphics, virtual and augmented realities, serious games, and interactive narratives. The post-holder would be expected to contribute to the development of games-related undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes, and to develop research activities in collaboration with colleagues in our interaction and artificial intelligence research areas.

When applying for this role, please provide a full academic CV that identifies how your skills and experience are a good match for this position, including your research and teaching experience. In your CV, please include the names and contact details for three referees.

Further information about this position is available here: https://bit.ly/2wlXWJL

Assistant/Associate Professor in Computer Games (IRC16343) ==========================================================

The successful candidate will have professional industry experience including strong technical skills in computer games development, animation and modelling processes, and software engineering throughout development lifecycle of games. The post will involve contributing to our current drive for design-led and interaction education. Furthermore, the post holder will have access to our new Games Studio and Creative Grid facilities currently being developed as part of the Discovery and Innovation Centre.

When applying for this role, please provide a full academic CV that identifies how your skills and experience are a good match for this position. In your CV, please include the names and contact details for three referees. In addition to your CV, you should provide a description of your games development portfolio.

Note that for this position, we will consider applicants who have sufficient professional industry experience in games development who might not hold a PhD.

Further information about this position is available here: https://bit.ly/2MSWDeV

Further Information & How to Apply

==================================

For more information about the above posts and to apply, please visit http://www.hw.ac.uk/apply-jobs quoting the respective IRC numbers given above.

Applicants who believe that they meet the requirements for both posts should submit separate applications to each.

Applications can be submitted till Friday, 12th October 2018. Short-listed applicants should expect to be interviewed in the Autumn, with a start date of January 2019 or later (negotiable).

For informal discussion about the position please contact Professor Albert Burger (Head of Computer Science) at A.G.Burger at hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.G.Burger at hw.ac.uk>.

Heriot-Watt University is The Times & The Sunday Times International University of the Year 2018

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences.

This email is generated from the Heriot-Watt University Group, which includes:

  1.  Heriot-Watt University, a Scottish charity registered under number SC000278
  2.  Edinburgh Business School a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900. Edinburgh Business School is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland with registered number SC173556 and registered office at Heriot-Watt University Finance Office, Riccarton, Currie, Midlothian, EH14 4AS
  3.  Heriot- Watt Services Limited (Oriam), Scotland's national performance centre for sport. Heriot-Watt Services Limited is a private limited company registered is Scotland with registered number SC271030 and registered office at Research & Enterprise Services Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS.

The contents (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.