[DiGRA UK] Data provision in the Games Industry in Scotland

Matthew Barr Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 09:53:36 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

We are currently undertaking a project to support the improvement of the data provision about the Games Industry in Scotland with the aim of clarifying the current data provision and gaps, user needs, barriers to data provision and access, and recommendations for future data provision.

The project is being undertaken by a team at the University of Glasgow and supported by a University of Glasgow ESRC IAA grant and Creative Scotland.

We are circulating this information via the DiGRA network to identify if there are other researchers that we can connect with that may be involved in:
*             Data collection about the games industry including business and freelance related data such as the number/type of practitioners, financial data, games-related activity (e.g. volume, platforms), economic contribution, etc.
*             Developing approaches for data collection in the games industry or in other industries with similar issues.
*             Signposting to people/organisations that are examining new ways of capturing data about the industry.

We are interested in projects that focus on any region of the UK.

If you're involved in, or know of, a project that might be of interest, please get in touch via Helen.Mullen at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:Helen.Mullen at glasgow.ac.uk>

Thanks!

Helen & Matt

Dr Matthew Barr, University of Glasgow
Lecturer | School of Humanities
Graduate Attributes Champion | College of Arts
Vice Chair | British DiGRA
Board Member | IGDA Scotland

Tel: +44 (0)141 330 2854
Twitter: @hatii_matt | @PS_Journal
PSN/Steam/XBL: matthewbarr

[University of Glasgow: The Times Scottish University of the Year 2018]