[DiGRA UK] DiGRA UK meeting May 5th 2017, Manchester

Paolo Ruffino p.ruffino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:54:35 UTC 2016

Dear DiGRA UK members,
you might remember that we started a discussion a few weeks ago about
having a regional meeting sometimes next year. We have reached a solution
which, we hope, will make you all happy.

Garry Crawford has offered to host the event at the MediaCity in Manchester
on May 5th, 2017.

We will soon set up an Eventbrite page with all the details. In the
meantime, please email me (contact at paoloruffino.com) and/or Esther
MacCallum-Stewart (neveah at gmail.com) for any query and suggestion.

A Call for Paper will be sent out soon. Feel free to send us an email if
you want to start discussing about workshops or any other initiative that
you would like to see at the meeting.

We agreed that we should have a formal organisation from now on.
Other regional chapters, as the Chinese DiGRA
<http://www.chinesedigra.org/about/board/> and the Australian DiGRA
<http://digraa.org/digraa-board/>, have their own board, which includes a
President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. We'll need volunteers
who put themselves forward for nomination in these roles.

We also need a website to communicate from now on to any other scholar who
is not reached by this mailing list, as the two aforementioned regional
chapters do. If you would like to volunteer to set up a Wordpress page,
please write to us.

Please let us know what you think, thank you.

Best,

--
paolo ruffino
http://paoloruffino.com