[DiGRA UK] Any good games academia jobsites or recruiters?

Tom Doncom t.doncom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:20:30 UTC 2014

Hey all

I wanted to ask around if there are any employment sites or agencies anyone would recommended for postgraduates looking for Games academic, research or theoretical roles? My core interest (and so much of my skillset and qualifications) has been those sides of the computer games industry as opposed to stereotypical game-making, but the vast majority of places I have found while looking only seem to turn up artist or programming roles in games studios (that demand prior industry experience). The former I can do but have been really hoping for roles where my Masters skills (Critical Media and Cultural Studies, especially discourse studies) would find good use.

I am living in Chippenham near Bristol at the moment and am really interested in the Bristol area (am currently looking at and networking with local groups like DCRC and the Bristol Games Hub), but not against opportunities elsewhere if I might be a good fit for anything.

Thanks everyone
Tom