[DiGRA UK] Update on the Provocations / Launch event

Esther MacCallum-Stewart neveah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:24:48 UTC 2014

Good morning everyone! Thanks for all the rapid sign-ups and good wishes
from yesterday. It's great to see how many people are really keen to make
this a success and we've had a lot of positive feedback!

Our Facebook page is now up on https://www.facebook.com/digrauk, and we
have a team people already working on that and the website, which will be
up shortly (thanks!)

We're delighted to announce that not only are tickets for the June 17th
event going really quickly (it's free, but places are limited to the
provocation session), but we've got some new provocateurs on board! Mitu
Khandaker-Kokoris from The Tiniest Shark and the game Redshirt will also be
joining us; apparently she's already got a few ideas in mind to challenge
our thinking, and we'd also like to welcome Tomas Rawlings from the Bristol
Games Hub, who is currently working with the DCRC on several research
projects and is a great person to quiz about cross-academia/industry
funding ideas.

The day will work like this:

14.00 - 17.30 Provocation sessions (tea and coffee will be provided)
17.30 DiGRA Meeting
18.30 Launch in the Watershed.

People have also been asking about the launch afterwards.We are going to
retreat to the local watering house, which also does food, good coffee and
snacks. As is becoming a tradition, we will be bringing a couple of quick
board and cardgames which are a great icebreaker; if we could ever get
round to playing them! There's no restriction on numbers, so even if you
can't make the afternoon session, please come along if you can.

Esther

--

Dr Esther MacCallum-Stewart

Senior Lecturer: Games, New Media and Online Communities (The University of
Surrey)
Research Fellow (Digital Cultures Research Centre, UWE)