[India] Talk by Malay Dhamelia, 17 September 2022 @ 7 p.m IST

DiGRA India digraindia21 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 05:22:55 UTC 2022

Talk by Malay Dhamelia, 17 September 2022 @ 7 p.m IST

Title: Designing fun: Viewing Gameplay as a Design Form

What exists when we remove fun from the games?

In this talk, I will take you through an experiment where we asked players
of board games to modify one (only one) game rule to remove fun from the
gameplay. The answer to the above question is fairly imaginable and
simple–it becomes a set of tasks, but, the learnings from this experiment
have wider implications.

We get insights on how should design research approach game analysis? How
could we study gameplay experiences from a design research viewpoint? And
lastly, how do we as players think when we play is explicated through the
experiment. Excited to see you all and receive thoughts on this experiments.

Malay was awarded the DiGRA Solidarity Fund to attend the DiGRA Conference
in Krakow in 2022

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81186112075?pwd=ODZhSmh4MGVUbndDTEY4UGVmS2NwQT09

Meeting ID: 811 8611 2075