[India] Announcing our Keynote Speakers for the DiGRA India Conference 2021

DiGRA India digraindia21 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:02:20 UTC 2021

Dear All,

We hope this email finds you well. We are thrilled to announce our keynote
speakers for the upcoming DiGRA India Conference 2021 scheduled to be held
on 20-21 November.

You can register using this link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/games-cultures-and-india-dispatches-from-a-playful-subcontinent-tickets-201661042607

*Keynote Address 1*
*Date: 20 November 2021*
*Title : "White Protagonism and Imperial Pleasures in Game Design"*
*Speaker: Meghna Jayanth*
*Time:  2:00 PM - 3:00 PM IST ( tentatively )*

Bio:
*Meghna Jayanth *

Meghna Jayanth is an award-willing writer and narrative designer. Her game
80 Days, an anti-colonial retrofuturist retelling of Verne's classic novel,
won the Independent Games Festival's Narrative award, earned four BAFTA
nominations (including Best Story) and was named TIME's Game of the Year.
She won a Writer's Guild of Great Britain award in 2015 for her work on 80
Days, and a Writer's Guild of America award in 2018 as part of Horizon:
Zero Dawn's writing team.
She contributes worldbuilding, story design and writing to narratives, most
of them indie games, including Failbetter's lush story-driven games Sunless
Sea and Sunless Skies, expansions of 11 Bit's gritty, uncompromising This
War of Mine, Kitfox Games' queer dungeoneering dating sim Boyfriend
Dungeon, Outerloop Games' story of colonial liberation and companionship
Falcon Age, and Shedworks' evocative coming-of-age adventure Sable.
Her particular interests are elegant choice design, sociocultural
speculations, branching narratives, and subverting the design tropes of
conventional protagonism.

*Keynote Address 2*